Saturday, January 3, 2009

A trip to the beach

Today we headed to the beach to make the most of these last few days before Gord goes back to work. We ended up in Seaford, one beach up from Frankston on the bay. It was the perfect space for young children (and their parents): calm, low-tide, sandbar, cafe right there! I love how the kids are happily entertained for hours in this environment. (Note to self: get camera serviced so those dots don't show up on our shots!)

Burying sleeping beauty.

A beach must-have: hot chips and gravy.

It was good to be outdoors, and to have a fun plan for the day. But right now, I feel the tiredness of being outside in the sun and wind. Could also be to do with the fact that I woke up at 6am, excited by the light coming in around the curtain, excited to creep out of bed and have the silence of the morning to myself. Life is full of trade-offs, eh...

1 comment:

Monica said...

Gorgeous! I'm tempted to make a comment about how jealous I am, but ... you should see all the snow here ... tons of white, fluffy, pureness. It's so true and pure. It's so beautiful.