Thursday, January 22, 2009

Robert Maxwell Ackland 1928-2009

My grandfather died early last week, after a long encounter with prostate cancer and various treatments and complications. He'd been sick for a while, so I don't feel sad that he's out of pain now, but I do feel sad for my grandmother, and her sons, and sad that I'll never hear his laugh again, amongst other things. I flew up to Atherton (inland from Cairns) with Jasper and my parents for the funeral on Monday this week. We were there for four days... just got back and am trying to pick up the pieces. I'll blog again sometime soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you had meaningful days together with your family, reflecting on your grandfather's life.

Monica said...

Thinking of you. This is a great photo of him. Warm smile.