Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wallet

I wish I blogged more. I really do. But the days just seem to get away from me, and the bottom line is, I can't totally justify blogging over other stuff that should happen, like playing with the kids or cleaning up or having people over or going to the library... normal life stuff...

Anyway, here's what I made on the weekend, a wallet I've been meaning to try for a while. The pattern was from Better Homes and Gardens Quilts and More - Winter 2007. Here's a different look. The thing I love most about this is the colours of the fabric - mostly Joel Dewberry with a bit of Denyse Schmidt.



Only issue is, I dunno if my money's going to be safe! For one thing, it's way huger than my old wallet, and kind of flops around as I fumble for coins, and two, the money pocket is right up the top near the clip - ie. if I open it with rather too much zest, I run the risk of throwing my cash in the air! Reminds me of the time I dropped $300 on Malvern Rd, trying to get it into the right compartment of my wallet! Not good!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Bec, for some crazy reason, I never check your creative blog.

What a cute wallet, I need a new one, and making my own is something I think I might need to explore. So cool. The scones look AMAZING!!!!

Tall Grass Prarie ... ahhhhh ... my favorite are the ww cinnamon buns. Whenever I go there, I just wish I could try everything!