Saturday, October 13, 2007

Craftanoonevening

Well, another craft space happened at my place last Friday. Thought I'd post some pics, cos it's always inspiring to check out what other people are making! It goes without saying that it was a LOVELY mellow vibe.

Jotara brought along her hook rug - it has an amazing floating quality of movement, reminiscent of a sea anemone. Very tactile and delicious!

My Nan was down from Brisbane, so she came along, even though her current watercolour projects were too hard to transport. Instead, she set about untangling a few massive bundles of wool Jotara was working with. How helpful!

Here's me working on the old scrapbook, of course! I was very excited, at the end of the evening, to realise I only have ONE DOUBLE SPREAD and TWO HEADINGS to go, before the thing is COMPLETED!!!!! Unbelieveable!

Jotara, Piper and Bek, who was working on a knitted scarf, in between poking Piper in the head!
Anna's output for the evening: three stamps, from go to whoa! A tree, an elephant with a raised trunk, and an elephant with a lowered trunk, inspired by fabric I had on hand...

This is one of the pages I got done (excuse the bad photo). I was very pleased to get this one done (the letter O) because I knew I'd have to get into the creative zone and be willing to make a mess of tissue paper to get it happening. But that's the point of a long craft space - I had enough time to get into that head space...

The boys (Gord, Pete and Jesse) even got to puzzling in the kitchen (and letting Jasper suck on beer bottles!). Fun all round...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok i so hope u r bringing that scrapbook to Canada!!! I want to see it soo bad!! i am trying to get some more done with all my pics laying around but i seem to do nothing but school work. But maybe if u guys come this way next year i can take u to a card making workshop. a friend of mine is a demonstrator and often does free card workshops around the city. anyways miss u and can't wait to see u soon!!!
Michelle

Jodie said...

What a great crafty group you have going. I have always loved crafting but now that i do it with others and share i love it even more 1

Melanie said...

i totally love the stamps. What are they made from.(if it says and i missed it sorry) Stamps are one of those things i have added to my already long list of absolutely must do lists. No idea how to tho. Great to see more craft groups happening around town. cheers, Melanie

becsta said...

Hi Melanie,

Sorry for taking forever to response to your question! The stamps my friend used are just erasers - she got hers from a Christian bookshop, I believe - they're the kind with a little memory verse on them. Very cheap, very contained little space within which to create.

Otherwise, Speedball produce pretty much the same thing, rubber rectangles in different sizes. Any good art shop should stock them. You could also use lino, for lino printing, but rubber is easier to carve, I find.

Hope that helps...

Bec